'The Steane' is a large 5 bedroom family house offering unique and interesting accommodation, including a 2 storey barn conversion to the front and a glazed link between the two. The property is well located in the heart of this rural village, with a well renowned primary school, between Brackley and Banbury and a viewing is highly recommended to appreciate this attractive and unique home.Ground Floor
- The front door opens into the large reception hall with windows to either side, white panel doors off to the lounge, kitchen/breakfast room and downstairs cloakroom, glazed block wall to the dining room and stairs to the first floor with cupboards under. The lounge is a very large room with patio doors out to the rear garden, a window to the front and a log burning stove set into the fireplace. The kitchen/breakfast room is also a large room with patio doors leading out to the garden and being open to the dining room. The kitchen is fitted with wooden fronted cupboards with wooden worktops and there is tiled flooring which continues throughout the kitchen, utility and the glazed link to the front. There is a large breakfast bar and built-in appliances include a 5 ring gas hob with an extractor above, a double oven and a dishwasher and there are spaces for a large fridge and freezer. The dining room is open to the kitchen and has a window overlooking the garden, a glazed block wall to the hall and fitted cupboards along one wall. The utility room has fitted cupboards, a door to the side, space for an additional freezer and is open to the glazed link leading to the "barn" at the front. The glazed link has fitted cupboards with wooden worktops, a deep Butler sink and spaces for a washing machine and tumble drier. Glazed doors lead to the family room, converted from a barn in 2006 and this room has French doors and a window out to the front courtyard and stairs to the first floor "snug", with a contemporary style multi-fuel stove, which could also make a useful office or the whole 'barn' could be used to create a separate Annex.First Floor
- The landing has panel doors off to the 5 bedrooms, family bathroom and airing cupboard. Bedroom 1 is a large double room with a window to the front, built-in wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom fitted with a white suite, including a large basin, P-shaped bath with a shower over and a low level WC, a skylight to the front and built-in cupboards. Bedroom 2 is also a good double room with a roof window to the rear. Bedroom 3 is a double room with a roof window to the rear. Bedroom 4 is a double room with a window to the front and bedroom 5 is a further double size room with a roof window to the rear. The family bathroom has a window to the side and is fitted with a white suite comprising a bath with a shower above, a WC, bidet and hand basin with tiling to water sensitive areas.Gardens
- The house stands in the middle of the plot with a private garden to the rear, divided between a large patio area and a lawn, with a stone wall along the Southerly boundary and timber fencing to the other side and rear. In front of the house is a courtyard enclosed by stone walls, leading from the family rooms.Parking
- In front of the house is a block paved parking area with the paving continuing across the front of the property and into the courtyard leading from the snug with the parking and the front courtyard area is separated by gates.Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- Since June 2017 Estate Agents are required to carry out Customer Due Diligence on buyers. At offer stage we will require details from prospective purchasers to carry out ID checks.High Speed Rail 2
- For details on the proposed route of HS2 through North Bucks and South Northants please visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/hs2-revised-line-of-route-maps.
Macintyers have prepared these particulars in good faith as a general guide and they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or any contract. No person within Macintyers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty on any property. All fixtures and fittings, carpets, curtains/blinds, kitchen equipment and furniture, whether fitted or not, are deemed removable by the seller unless specifically mentioned within these particulars. It must not be inferred that an item shown in a photograph is included in the sale. We have not tested the services, appliances and any fittings and the buyer is advised to undertake their own tests or get verification from their solicitor, prior to committing to the purchase. Sizes, areas, distances and floorplans included in these particulars are not to scale and are meant as a guide only to the general layout. Accordingly they should not be relied on for flooring and furnishings.
Please note the location above is an approximation based upon the postcode