31 High Street is a fine Grade II Listed 9 bedroom character Town House located in the heart of Brackley within the Conservation Area. Behind the main house and garden is a self contained 2 bedroom annex over the double garage accessed from a lane at the rear. This property offers sizeable character accommodation which could suit a large family or possibly have other commercial uses subject to relevant permissions and has been a much loved home to the current family who's children have now grown up and are relocating. The annex is currently rented out for £625 pcm but could suit an elderly relative or teenagers suite.Ground Floor
- The front door leads into the reception hall with wooden flooring, an attractive original fireplace, wall panelling and an ornate alcove. This area has been sub-divided to create a store room. An inner hall has doors off to the front reception/office, sitting room and stairs to the first floor. The front reception has a bay window to the front, an open fireplace and a window looking to the rear courtyard. The sitting room has wooden flooring, a large Inglenook fireplace, windows to the courtyard aspect and an interesting glass covered well. Doors leads to a cellar at the front which has a vaulted ceiling and to the kitchen, which has been refitted with a range of modern cream fronted units with wood effect tops and a sink under the window looking to the courtyard. There are spaces for a large fridge/freezer, dishwasher and double width stove with hood above. To one side is a fitted dresser and there is plenty of room for a large breakfast table. Adjacent is a lobby leading to the utility room which has fitted cupboards and tops, central heating boiler and a Butler sink. From the lobby, door leads to the courtyard, downstairs cloakroom and dining room which has an exposed brick wall with a feature oven, a window to the courtyard, windows and French doors out to the conservatory and a rear staircase to the first floor. The conservatory is a good size with tiled flooring and doors leading out to the large patio area and garden.First Floor
- The front of this property is the oldest part and has accommodation over 3 floors. On the first floor are two good size double bedrooms with front windows and exposed wooden flooring, a bathroom fitted with a white suite with a shower over the bath and a window to the rear and stairs leading from the landing up to the second floor. An arch gives access to the middle landing from which leads two double bedrooms and a bathroom fitted with a white suite. This landing leads into a large walk through room currently used as a gym, which could be a bedroom or used for other purposes. This has a door to the rear landing which has a staircase down to the dining room and doors off to 2 cupboards, one housing the hot water tank, a large bathroom fitted with a 4 piece champagne suite and the main bedroom, which has windows to the side and rear, a range of fitted furniture including wardrobes, drawers, high level storage, a window seat and a dressing table. The rear area upstairs creates a self contained master suite including the bedroom, landing and bathroom.Second Floor
- Stairs lead up to a large landing with doors off to three good double bedrooms with windows, one of which has exposed floorboards.Annex
- The "Garage Flat" has a private front door and stairs leading to the accommodation which is over the double garage. The landing has doors to the living room, 2 bedrooms and shower room. The living room has a window, cupboard and door to kitchen which has fitted cupboards and worktops with spaces for a cooker, washing machine and fridge/freezer. Both bedrooms are a double size and the shower room is fitted with a white suite. Heating is via night storage heaters.Rear Garden
- Behind the house is a lawned garden with a large patio leading from the conservatory with planted borders. To the South side of the rear section of the house is a paved courtyard with planted borders, enclosed largely by stone walls.Double Garage And Parking
- There are 2 garages with parking for three/four cars in front and the annex above. This is accessed from the Croft Path which leads from the top of Buckingham Road.Anti Money Laundering Regulations
- Since June 2017 Estate Agents are required to carry out Customer Due Diligence on buyers. At offer stage we will require details from prospective purchasers to carry out ID checks..High Speed Rail 2
- For details on the proposed route of HS2 through North Bucks and South Northants please visit www.gov.uk/government/publications/hs2-revised-line-of-route-maps.
Macintyers have prepared these particulars in good faith as a general guide and they do not constitute or form any part of an offer or any contract. No person within Macintyers has any authority to make or give representation or warranty on any property. All fixtures and fittings, carpets, curtains/blinds, kitchen equipment and furniture, whether fitted or not, are deemed removable by the seller unless specifically mentioned within these particulars. It must not be inferred that an item shown in a photograph is included in the sale. We have not tested the services, appliances and any fittings and the buyer is advised to undertake their own tests or get verification from their solicitor, prior to committing to the purchase. Sizes, areas, distances and floorplans included in these particulars are not to scale and are meant as a guide only to the general layout. Accordingly they should not be relied on for flooring and furnishings.
Please note the location above is an approximation based upon the postcode